HS Science Teacher Opening - 8-4-2020
The King’s Christian Academy is currently seeking a qualified high school science teacher. The major focus is the biological sciences. You must have a solid understanding of physical and biological sciences and how to develop and deliver engaging lessons. We are looking for an individual who incorporates technology and hands-on experiences in the classroom with
enthusiasm. Be prepared to teach biology, chemistry and anatomy, with the possibility of teaching AP classes. (FT/PT employment).
Qualified individuals must be a Christian with a personal and active relationship with Christ. He/she should desire to continue to grow in faith and live it out on a daily basis. He/she must be devoted to prayerfully work with administration, faculty, students and parents to develop and maintain programs, lessons, and environments that proclaim who Jesus is while also seeking academic excellence.
1. Be deeply committed to a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
2. Attend daily devotions and prayer. (not sure if you will require them to attend the daily devotions)
3. Possess the ability to work gracefully with parents, students, and other school staff to develop a unified and successful education program.
4. Demonstrate the ability to accept and carry out responsibilities and make competent, professional decisions.
5. Partner with families to ensure a successful, God-honoring educational experience for their students.
1. Candidate must have a Bachelor's in Education or Science from an accredited college or
university. Master of Science is preferred.
2. Current ACSI and/or State Teaching Certificate.
3. Two or more years of high school science teaching experience preferred.
4. Knowledge of computer technology required
1. Plans and implements a program that follows the approved curriculum standards, goals, and objectives.
2. Use effective teaching techniques, materials, and educational experiences to support
instruction within curriculum guidelines.
3. A successful candidate will be able to implement a project-based biology class that is
4. Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for science content and knowledge.
5. Maintains a system of organization for planning, preparation and execution of scientific
6. Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment.
7. Must have computer skills to employ computer programs to post grades and
communicate with parents.
8. Maintain clear, open and professional communication with parents.
9. To work with administration to keep parents adequately informed of student discipline.
10. Ability to meet state and federal requirements, including background check and