top of page


Through established partnerships with Cairn University, KCA's Dual Enrollment Program allows academically prepared students to take discounted college courses while still in high school. Successful completion of these courses counts for both high school and college credit. These college courses are "transcripted" by the college which makes these credits transferable to the college of your choice.

All costs associated with taking a college course are paid by the student. Colleges will bill the student directly thus opening up opportunities for families to use 529 Plan and Education IRA savings. Juniors and Seniors interested in taking college courses should mark their course selection sheet accordingly. The Administration will make the final determination whether a high school student is eligible to take a college course during their Junior/Senior years. Below is a list of college courses offered by The King's Christian Academy.  Please note that not every class is offered each school year.

ENROLLMENT: Students will bring home paperwork in late December/early January regarding dual enrollment in their current courses.


Foundations of Business
This course provides a survey of economic systems, forms of business ownership, and considerations for running a business. Students will learn various aspects of leadership functions, management techniques, and get a better understanding of the decision-making process.

General Psychology
This course is designed to provide students with the fundamental principles of psychology, emphasizing basic research and applications in psychology's major areas of study.

​Fundamentals of Speech Communication
This introductory communication/public speaking course was previously only open to high school seniors, however, we are now making it more accessible to juniors as well!


Q. Why is KCA offering college courses?
A.KCA believes there are academic and financial benefits for offering students college courses while they are in high school. Academically, college courses serve to challenge college bound students with courses that reflect the college experience while maintaining the support system found during the high school experience. Financially, with the rising costs of high education, families are looking for most cost-efficient ways to access both private Christian education as well as college education.

Q. Is Cairn University an accredited college?
A. Yes! Cairn University is a fully accredited, NCAA DIV III institution. 

Q. Who will teach the courses?
A.  Courses are taught by authorized dual-credit KCA instructors.

Q. What are the costs associated with enrolling?
A. The price per 3-credit course can range, but is generally $225. Currently, KCA offers 12 courses, so a student who takes all courses will pay a total of $2,700. A comparable cost for 30 credits would be $33,000 at a private college, $19,000 at a public college, and $6,500 at a community college. Families can save between thousands of dollars on one year of college by taking advantage of this program.

Q. Are these credits transferable?
A. The best answer is "Yes, most likely." Because the courses are being "transcripted" by Cairn University, students will be able to transfer courses to the college or university they choose to attend. As with any transfer, colleges and universities may restrict which courses they will accept. With that in mind, KCA has elected to offer courses more easily transferable as general education or elective credits. Students must receive a grade of "C" or better in order to receive credit for the class.

Q. How do I register for the program?
A. You'll begin by downloading the Non-Matriculation Undergraduate Application below You'll also need to print the Course Selection Form below and mark your choice of classes. Do NOT send checks to Cairn. All funds should be paid to KCA.  Or, you may add it to your KCA tuition bill. Complete the forms and submit it along with your course selection form below.

Q. Do I need add my Social Security Information on the form?
A. Yes, if this is your first time enrolling in the program. Additionally, foreign exchange students must provide Visa information.

bottom of page