WHAT IS SCRIP?
Scrip is a gift card that looks identical to one you might purchase at your local store. The only difference is that the business has attached a rebate to the card that benefits both KCA and YOU!
Simply purchase gift (scrip) cards through KCA for your favorite grocery or clothing stores, restaurants, catalog companies, home improvement store, specialty store or movie theater. Each gift (scrip) card you purchase will give a specific dollar value rebate back to KCA. After the first $100 in rebates you earn, KCA will pass any additional rebates you earn to you to use as a Tuition Credit. Here are a few examples of providers and the rebates they give back, there are many more to choose from.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Send an email request to email@example.com and the KCA coordinator will set up an online account for you. This will allow you to track the rebates you have earned and place orders.
WHEN CAN I USE MY TUITION CREDIT?
Tuition credits are earned from March 12, 2012 through mid-February 2013. In late February 2013, you will have a choice to use the rebates you earned to either:
- Apply toward your current year tuition balance.
- Apply toward the following school year tuition.
HOW TO PURCHASE SCRIP CARDS
- You can instantly purchase Scrip cards (inventory on hand) from the KCA Bookstore and KCA sporting events.
- Complete a Scrip Paper Order form and send in payment. (Order forms are available at the front office and will also be sent home weekly in the Golden Envelopes.)
- Place an order online through your scrip account and send in your payment. Or, you can pay via PrestoPay. (PrestoPay is an account you can set up to have your payments automatically drafted from your personal account, similar to PayPal.)
- Purchase “Scrip Now” (e-card) or “reload” your current card through your online scrip account. You may either send in your payment or pay with PrestoPay. If you pay with PrestoPay, you will receive your “Scrip Now” (e-card) or Reload instantly. (Reminder: a PrestoPay account will need to be established.)
BOTTOM LINE …HOW MUCH CAN I EARN WITH SCRIP?
Last year our top family earned $900 in Tuition Credit!
This year, one of our families has already earned over $1,000 in rebates because they used Scrip cards for a home remodeling project over the summer. The sky is the limit — there is no cap to the amount of tuition credit rebates you can earn.
GET YOUR ACCOUNT SET UP
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Scrip Coordinator, Heather Waller at (301) 275-4614.
If you choose, you may also simply print this form, complete it, and send it in with your student’s Golden Envelope. Our Scrip Coordinator will send your user name and password information home the following week